218

A child's dangerous game

A child's dangerous game

 At 12 years old, Anil Barela from Madya Pradesh, India, seeks medical help due to his breathing troubles which appeared right after he played in a river with some of his friends. A relatively short and simple surgery fixed his breathing problems by removing an 8.9 centimeter (3.5 in) fish which ended up in his lungs.

 At first it was extremely unclear how could a fish end up in his lungs, but after the boy’s short confession, the doctors discovered that he was playing a game with his friends in the river which implied swallowing a small fish and that the boy inhaled the fish by mistake, trying to swallow it. Anil was just fine after the surgery and even the fish survived for a short period of time, perhaps until another little boy swallowed it.  

 

 

Leave a Reply

 

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *